Welcome to my website. This is about
Museum, history, and international cultural relations
My professional involvement is moving between museum and science, the Russian-speaking parts of the world (especially Russia and Belarus) and Germany, culture and management. My publications, exhibitions, seminars, and lectures combine different disciplines, working methods, languages, and cultures. Communication and networking – these are keywords for me personally and for my work.
Six keywords provide information about my work and projects (further information available only in German):
- Since 2020 Director of exhibitions, collections, and research of the Military History Museum of the Bundeswehr
- 2008-2020 freelance work as a historian, curator, museum consultant, cultural mediator with a focus on Russia, Belarus and the post-Soviet region
- 2006-2008 Director of the German-Russian Museum in Berlin-Karlshorst
- Curating and taking part in exhibitions at international museums, including the German Historical Museum, the Allied Museum, the Military History Museum of the Bundeswehr in Gatow, the Baden State Museum, the Memorium Nuremberg, the Swiss National Museum, the Metropolitan Museum New York and museums in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.
- Main areas of work and publications on:
Politics of history, culture of remembrance
Museum studies, intercultural communication
German-Russian/Belarusian cultural exchange
Presentation of war in museums, exhibition, and museum management
- Advisor to the History workshop in Minsk and cooperation with the Goethe-Institute Belarus to establish a Jewish Museum in Belarus